IT Manager (Europe)
Based - Hammersmith, West London W6 (European travel involved)
Mon - Fri 9am - 6pm
Experience in Change Management,SAN technology & Citrix
To manage the overall end user support interface for IT in Europe
The IT Manager - Europe manages the IT infrastructure support for Europe and coordinates the resolution of user issues that are either application, systems or telecommunication related. The responsibilities of the position include management of the company`s Europe IT end user support function which is the first point of contact for end user issues and resolution and includes standard help desk functionality. The position is responsible for maintaining accurate records and reports, including PPM (Project Portfolio Management), Change Management, SLA (Service Level Agreements) and help desk incident and resolution reporting. The position interacts with all levels of personnel internally as well as with external contacts, requiring the ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing. The position performs independently with minimal instruction given on new projects or assignments.
This position is a key member of the IT management team, contributing knowledge and experience for all operational areas. The position reports directly to the VP of Global Information Technology with a matrix reporting relationship to the Senior Manager of Development and the Director of Systems and Telecommunications.
* Manage the overall end user support interface for IT in Europe
* Manage and review help desk and incident resolution for IT tickets in Europe
* Monitor the stream of issues being escalated to Tier 2 and Tier 3 for infrastructure, systems and applications issues in Europe
* Manage and review the project management process within Europe centric IT projects in coordination with the Sr. Manager of Development and the Director of Systems and Telecommunications
* Coordinate the change management and configuration process within IT Europe
* Administration duties as required to ensure daily/weekly performance is achieved
* Allocation of all resources efficiently to maximize productivity
* Operate according to schedules and deadlines
* Communicate and implement changes as directed
* Track and report status of tasks and deliverables - adherence to SLA's, quality of responses, timeliness of responses, etc.
* Look for opportunities to provide solutions before they hit Tier 1 and implement, such as FAQ's, knowledge base, service improvements, etc.
Experience and Skills:
Understanding of the implications of software behaviour and how it affects the user and the system. Natural multi-tasker with the communication and writing skills that are necessary.
* Excellent trouble-shooting skills
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
* Excellent spoken and written English
* Positive, friendly and professional
* Team player
* Management experience
* Project management/experience
* Time management
* Resource management
* Portfolio management
* Software development life cycle experience
* Experienced at decision making facilitation
* Successfully managed a large project
* Experience with change management, configuration management, documentation standards
* Familiar with a variety of support tools and platforms, including help desk specific support applications
* Generally familiar with SAN technology, Citrix technology, blade server technology, data centre management, VOIP environment support, telecommunications issues in a business environment, change control processes in an IT environment and end user application support.
* Management of a Help Desk solution (software and process)
* Scope change management
* Experience with external service providers
* Experience with IT internal change control and configuration management
* Portfolio dashboard configuration
* Cost/effort reporting
* Managing the software development lifecycle
BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience. 10+ years of customer support and escalation expertise, ideally with customer facing products. High energy and achievement oriented. Prior management experience.
We are a recruitment agency & an equal opportunity employer. If you have not been contacted within 5 working days then your application has been unsuccessful
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer