Data Manager: Data Management, Data Governance, (Azure OR AWS), SQL and Scripting in R or Python, Big data
Data Managers will be working B2C team to lead high-performing cross-disciplinary data teams and deliver strategic data products within the analytics platforms.
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 110 days
Rate: 400 GBP/day (Inside IR35)
- Lead, grow, develop and manage cross-discipline teams of data managers, data engineers, data analysts, data scientists and software engineers that writes, deploys and maintains data products
- Effectively work with cross-disciplinary collaborators and stakeholders across multiple business entities to understand use cases, data requirements and value cases.
- Review and ensure use case, value case, and ensure acceptance criteria, definition of done and KPIs are clearly captured, tracked, and aligned with the digital and data strategy
- Set and implement data standards, co-design data and identify opportunities to (semi-) automate manual data processes wherever possible.
- Provide deep data domain knowledge and business context around data sources and data products.
- Cleanse, transform, reconcile, and standardize data to ensure high quality data is available to meet business requirements.
- Identify new and impactful opportunities to automate processes and collaborate with data engineers to build new tools and approaches to automate data ingestion, data integration, manipulation, and quality control, where needed.
- Present results to peers and senior management, influencing decision making.
- Experience (typically 3+ years) leading, growing, and developing a data team
- Hands-on experience (typically 8+ years) in data management, data governance and process automation in complex, global environments.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills essential.
- Applied knowledge of data management and governance across all data life cycle stages essential.
- Deep understanding of data models, data standards and processes essential.
- Experience of delivery of data products within cloud platforms such as Azure and AWS
- Foundational data transformation and manipulation skills
- SQL and Scripting in R or python preferred.
- Experience with big data technologies (eg Hadoop, Hive, and Spark) is a plus.
- Ability to lead large organizations through influence.
- MSc in a scientific or quantitative field preferred.
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in technologies across all data life cycle stages
- Strong stakeholder management and ability to lead large organizations through influence
To apply for this Data Manager contract job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavours to respond to all applications, however this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Services is a trading name of Curo Resourcing Ltd and acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.