Essential Skills: Experience of Agile (TDD, SCRUM, KANBAN), Cloud based platforms, Linux (RHEL), Puppet, Chef and Jenkins.
Duration: 6+ months
Sector: Public/Government Sector
* Leading a large programme/DevOps capability and co-ordinating other DG Scrum teams activities and inputs
* Defining standards/constraints for all DG DevOps Teams
* Providing environments to support end to end and System Integration Testing
* Steering development of a cross-cutting modern automated integration platform for the programme during development and into live services
* Provide mentorship and knowledge transfer to internal team members with the goal of the internal team being self-sufficient in a planned timescale.
* Lead development of a culture of continuous delivery and improvement, ensuring that key systems are regularly analysed, maintained and improved.
* Being involved in the wider development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences.
* Experience with Agile methodologies (TDD, SCRUM, Kanban, etc.) and of working within a multi-team scaled agile environment (preferably using SAFe)
* Outstanding communication skills. The ability to tailor communication both to business and technical audiences as well as to various roles and levels in the organization is essential. The successful candidate will demonstrate visual and written communication as well as verbal and white-board skills
* Experience in leading a technical team and defining / improving service processes and procedures
* Experience managing and deploying on Cloud based platforms
* Experience in Linux system administration / Management, preferably RHEL
* Experience configuring and managing / System administration of Linux servers for serving web / integration development, testing and production services
* Experience with continuous integration, automated deployment, testing and the relevant tooling i.e. Puppet, Chef and Jenkins.
* Strong knowledge of factors influencing performance and ability to tune systems to achieve best possible performance and capacity
* Experience with Release and Configuration Management processes
* Installation and management of open source monitoring tools
* Experience debugging a complex multi-server service
* Familiarity with network protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, etc.
* Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques
* Excellent environment management, automation and scripting skills e.g. shell or PERL scripts
* Strong problem-solving skills and experience debugging a complex multi-server service
* Experience sharing knowledge and excellent mentoring and coaching skills
If you are looking for a permanent position either apply online or if would like to find out about other IT/Public Sector opportunities please contact Katy Gregory on (url removed)
Referral Scheme - Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Please visit our website (url removed)