Ready to maximise your potential?
C&C Group supplies software solutions and services to almost every energy and water company throughout Great Britain.
We are at the dawn of an exciting new era with Smart Grids, as well as Market-wide Half Hourly Settlement (MHHS), which will be one of the biggest changes to the electricity industry to date. This means we are on the lookout for exceptional talent to join our team, as we expand our reach as well as our goals.
Technology is the essence of what we do, but our people make us who we are.
What will I get to do?
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Project Manager, who will be responsible for delivering multiple, concurrent, software development projects of varying size and complexity.
Drawing on project delivery and managerial experience, you will work with various stakeholders to ensure projects are delivered on time, in scope, and within budget to meet an expanding change portfolio and new customer requirements.
You can be a part of this very exciting and crucial time for C&C Group and work to ensure we continue to deliver excellence!
What will my day look like?
You will bring your enthusiasm and motivation, alongside your project management skills to:
- Lead projects on behalf of C&C Group, liaising directly with both internal and external customers
- Manage projects varying in size, from small and medium sized change requests to existing software products, through to larger changes and implementation of new software products.
- Manage the delivery of multiple projects running concurrently to multiple customers, adopting best practice project management techniques to achieve project deliverables.
- Maintaining communication between project team members and stakeholders via meetings and reporting.
- Work directly with our internal Development, Test, Infrastructure, and Security Teams, as well as external parties to develop and revise detailed project plans based on requirements and changing needs.
- Work with other Project Managers overseeing and co-ordinating cross-functional initiatives to ensure that time, cost, and quality parameters are monitored and managed.
- Monitor project performance to ensure timely delivery, and perform ongoing reviews of project statuses, identify potential project risks, and recommend and implement risk mitigation solutions as approved and as appropriate.
- Ensure that all project deliveries are consistent with C&C Group’s ISMS Policies and Procedures.
- Report to the Head of Project Management.
More about you
You must have:
- Relevant Project Management qualification.
- Demonstrable experience of project delivery, ideally covering all aspects of the software development lifecycle, and managing the delivery of complex business and IT change.
- Be able to utilise proven project management techniques.
- Be able to provide evidence of project planning of medium to large software projects and be proficient in the use of formal scheduling tools.
- Demonstrable experience of managing a diverse change portfolio with concurrent initiatives.
- Be creative and correctly use the range of resources available in an efficient, engaging, and successful way.
- Excellent communication skills with experience of engaging and managing third parties and can assimilate information quickly and accurately.
- Experience of producing compelling presentation material at pace, adjusting communication styles to suit different audiences.
- Experience of working in a matrix management environment.
- Good team player.
- Must be able to travel between C&C Group offices and to customer locations, when required.
Nice to have:
- Experience in the utilities sector would be beneficial.
We want our employees to perform at their best, so we offer a flexible working model which means you decide where you want to work.
Want to work from home to meet your deadline in peace? You can do that.
Want to bounce ideas off your colleagues or go for a team lunch? We have comfortable and relaxed offices with fruit, snacks, and hot and cold drinks available; to keep you fuelled for working.
The expectation is to be in the office for 2 days a week to ensure you get up to speed and collaborate with colleagues.
A Company to be proud of
Be more than just a number. As a small to medium sized company, we make it our mission to ensure every employee feels valued and knows that their contribution makes a difference. We want everyone to work in a place where they can thrive, and feel empowered to be themselves, which is why we encourage a diverse, fair, and open workforce.
We offer flexible working to help employees work to their full potential. We also understand that flexibility goes beyond the place of work, and we are here to support our employees in any way we can, including having Mental Health First Aiders on hand to help with more challenging times.
We strive for continuous improvement in how we work, our products and services, our working environments and culture, and our impact on the environment, and we actively encourage our employees to tell us how.
Benefits and Rewards include:
- Comprehensive private healthcare for you and your family, including optical and dental, as well as extra cancer care cover and access to mental health support
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 25-27 days holiday, plus public holidays of course
- Payroll Giving Scheme – We will match donations made to your chosen charity!
- A generous monthly team social budget
- Fruit, snacks, and drinks when working in our offices
- Electric Vehicle Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Extra days annual leave for your wedding/civil partnership
- Free on-site car parking
How do I join the C&C Group team?
If this advert sparks excitement as well as matches your aspirations and skills, then apply today!
If this isn’t the right role for you but you would love to work for C&C Group, then please get in touch. We are always looking for clever, smart, innovative, and motivated talent.