Working closely with Desktop Support Technicians and the Data Centres in Dayton and Houston, you will perform essential tasks to facilitate the running of our UK Data Centre. The role will be based at our Northfield office in Birmingham. The role is shift work and will rotate between the following shifts:
0700 – (Apply online only) – (Apply online only) – 0730
This is an entry level IT position and offers career path opportunities including Desktop Support and Network/Server Administration. You will be provided with training for all aspects of the role via on the job training, online training and cross training with other teams.
• Ensuring that back-ups of all critical system data are taken and securely stored
• Monitoring/supervising network infrastructure; data servers and routers
• Carrying out audits on hardware and software installed in the Northfield facility
• Providing out of hours PC Support (evening & night shifts only)
• Conducting building checks to ensure that all PCs are turned off (evening & night shifts only)
• Monitoring site security via CCTV
• Patch cabling, as directed.
Skills and Experience:
• An understanding of IT hardware, experience of Windows 7 is an advantage
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to adhere to company procedures and deadlines
• The ability to work both alone and in a team
• Professional, strong work ethic.
The position will require lifting and moving of reasonably heavy equipment such as servers, data centre racks and tables so the successful applicant must be able to carry these without any problems.
• 28 holidays including public holidays
• Group Personal Pension Plan (GIPS)
• Life Assurance Cover
• Company sick pay, VDU Optical Assessments, Birmingham Hospital Saturday Fund
• Childcare Vouchers
• Personal Accident Plan
• Company events throughout the year –company picnic, intramurals, and annual Charity events