Website O'Connor Utilities LTD
We currently have a new opportunity in our busy South Wales operation. This role would suit an enthusiastic 1st or 2nd Line Technician with excellent End-User Computing skills looking to join a growing IT team.
We have undergone a significant period of Infrastructure investment using the latest Hyper-convergent Technologies and WAN Infrastructure with over 50 virtual servers deployed across two UK data centres and now need to consolidate and improve Service Delivery to our remote users and at our Operational sites.
As a member of the group IT department, the prime focus of the position will be the end user support of the South Wales region and its users, maintaining the IT and AV equipment on the regional sites, setting up new starters and managing a stock of It equipment. A van will be provided for travel with roughly 3 days in the Bridgend office and two days visiting other sites.
Duties and Responsibilities –
- Working un-aided on remote sites
- Managing your site including asset management, leavers and starters.
- Build and issue all mobile devices and laptops for the site
- Build relationship with the contract managers and ensure their IT needs are identified and met.
- Providing front-line telephone support for our Users working across the UK.
- Undertake End User Computing device (PC, Laptop, Mobile phone and Tablet) builds in preparation for deployment
- Field Engineering visits in an ad-hoc manner to other sites on the UK to deliver EUC and WAN / LAN / Printer Infrastructure service.
- Various configuration changes to support EUC Service delivery
- Some work with the local CCTV and access control system.
Capabilities should include –
- Manage, prioritise and Plan own work queue using a Service Management tool
- Communicate effectively face to face but predominantly via phone or email keeping Customers informed as we resolve their Incidents or manage their Requests
- Proactively drive to expand your own skills and experience gaining recognised certifications that support the Infrastructure platforms
- Good Customer Service approach and attitude
Experience in the following is essential –
- Microsoft Desktop Operating System version 10 and Office
- Office 365
- Android / iOS platforms mobile
- Microsoft Active Directory Management
- Microsoft Exchange Management
- Clean Full UK Driving License
Company background –
The company was established in 1994 and has a long successful track record. O’Connor Utilities are one of the fastest growing utility engineering contractors in the country and we are currently ranked 110th in the Sunday Times Top Track 250 mid-market growth sector. We work directly with many blue-chip power, water, gas and telecoms clients and we are looking for the very best to join our team. We operate in a flat structure and we expect our employees to take control of their own responsibilities, tasks, developments, and opportunities. We believe that being successful is a choice. We choose to be successful.