Website Pearson Whiffin IT
Infrastructure Anayst – Server Specialist – REMOTE – Inside IR35
I am working with a consultancy company who need a strong Server Engineer to come and work as part of a team supporting a WinTel environment.
- Manage and maintain the full range of infrastructure for the Wintel Server, Storage, Messaging, backuprecovery environments and networks.
- Work within the Server & Messaging team, providing proactive and reactive support across the Server and Network environments
- Provide expert advice and guidance on supported infrastructure to key stakeholders such as the Head of Global Infrastructure, IT Database Manager, IT Security Manager and the Operations Support Manager.
- Responsible for design and development of appropriate operational procedures and ensure that system security procedures are implemented to protect the TBS infrastructure and associated processes.
- Support business critical services out of hours where required and provide on call support as part of a rota.
- Extensive hands on experience managing a large and complex Wintel environment.
- Extensive experience in supporting and maintaining virtualisation and cloud technologies, preferably Hyper V, O365 and AZURE within a high availability environment.
- Proven experience of Wintel based infrastructure including SCOM, SCCM, AD, Azure AD, DNS, DHCP, Clustering, Windows Server, Hyper-V and O365.
- Demonstrable experience managing emailinternet security applications and gateways in an enterprise environment. Ideally Cisco Email Security and Cisco Umbrella
- Desirable experience of supporting HP SAN, zoning, Lun’s, Fibre Channel, SAN Switches and a good understanding of an IP network infrastructure.
- Understanding of Backup Technologies, Data Protector and / or Commvault in particular.
- Desirable experience of Cloud based technologies. Ideally O365 and AZURE