Are you passionate about data and providing high quality information to further the aims of a charitable organisation in the field of education? The Repton Foundation provides truly life-changing bursary places to children who have the potential, but lack the financial means, to access a world class education at a leading co-educational independent day and boarding school.
With an ambitious development plan to see the school through to its 470th anniversary in 2027 and beyond, Repton School is looking for an experienced, data-savvy and tenacious Database and Research Lead to join the team. Quality of data is critical to the success of fundraising and wider engagement activities, and this role is therefore fundamental in supporting the Repton Foundation and the Old Reptonian (OR) Alumni Society.
Please submit your application online by Tuesday 31st October 2023.
Should you wish to complete an offline application form, or should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the HR team via HR@repton.org.uk
Should you wish to be considered for this role, and would like an informal conversation about the position, please send your CV to the hiring manager Juliet Wolfe via email@example.com or request a call to discuss the role requirements.
- Database Management – manage, maintain and operate the Old Reptonian and Repton Foundation database. Ensure that the database is developed, updated and run according to current data security protocols. Ensure that back-up and recovery processes are fit for purpose. Establish ‘query/report request’ protocols.
- Data Quality Assurance – work through the School’s electronic and hard copy records to ensure that data held is accurate, relevant, up to date and lawful.
- Database Enhancement – work with software developers/providers to ensure the database is fit for purpose, accurate, accessible and secure. Liaise with developers on an ongoing basis to design, commission, install and implement new features, integrations and apps – or customise existing – and troubleshoot and solve issues.
- Data Importing – ensure that annual bulk data imports (of Upper Sixth records) are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Capacity Planning – analyse database usage patterns/trends to identify resource and upgrade requirements. Make recommendations as appropriate.
- Database User Management – establish the needs and training requirements of end-users. Manage and monitor appropriate permissions and access levels and ensure data security and integrity. Provide ongoing training and support to approved users, where required.
- Research – support the Development Director and Alumni Relations Manager in identifying donor prospects, mentors, speakers, case studies etc and generating guest profiles for events and fundraising purposes.
- Reporting and Analytics – produce accurate data, reports and performance metrics to aid in event planning, audience profiling and donor, campaign and event analysis.
- Financial Reconciliation – support Development Director in gift processing through recording and tracking donations, and reconciling with Finance Department.
- Data Privacy Compliance –implement a robust process to ensure Data Protection Law 2018, UK GDPR and PECR regulations are adhered to with regard to all stored data and bulk data migrations.
- Other Duties – any other reasonable duties as requested by the Line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate
Manage all aspects of data, the database and prospect research for alumni engagement and fundraising.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Oracle, MySQL, Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, Potentiality or similar RDBMS, preferably used within the education or charities sector
- The technical know-how and ability to manage a database, identify gaps both in data quality and database functionality, and propose and implement workable solutions
- The perseverance and attention to detail to work through historical electronic and hard copy records and update contacts accordingly to ensure data integrity
- Experience in interrogating and analysing data and running and interpreting reports, along with the ability to distil findings and complex data into easy-to-digest formats (to include metrics)
- Good understanding of the Data Protection Act 2018, UK GDPR and PECR
- Self-starter with ability to work independently within a small team
- Flexibility and willingness to support the team with other activities when required (e.g. event and ticketing support/administration, OR alumni/staff/supplier/visitor liaison and queries, marketing support, social media support etc)
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and communication skills
- Understanding of the alumni engagement and fundraising landscape as it relates to data processes and requirements (e.g. knowledge of third-party platforms such as JustGiving, Mailchimp and Eventbrite, as well as Gift Aid processing following HMRC guidelines)