The Lead Tester will sit within the Kuro Health Product Team and lead functional testing and test co-ordination as the Group moves forward with a number of new IT platform implementations and enhancements.
You will be responsible for ensuring that new developments are thoroughly and meticulously tested, with issues identified and passed back to the developers for further work as well establishing test processes and practices.
With experience of planning and executing test cycles in an agile delivery environment, this role would suit someone with testing experience as part of a test team, wanting to take a first step into a test lead role.
A full-time post, working 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday. Remote working, but occasional requirement to attend a site office.
Key accountabilities & responsibilities
- Works closely with the product owners to determine the scope of testing for each release based on the requirements.
- Constructs well structured test plans and test cases, confirms and manages own time against effort estimates.
- Agrees testing metrics and success criteria with the product team. Ensures quality criteria are met prior to sign-off for release.
- Executes testing against test plans.
- Works with product and development resources to ensure that any defects are appropriately recorded and prioritised.
- Identifies any risks and issues relating to testing and escalates appropriately.
- Tracks progress and QA metrics, communicates the status of testing clearly ensuring all interested parties receive regular updates.
- Creates standard test collateral for re-use as required such as test plans, test and defect reports.
- Provides knowledge of testing best practice throughout the development lifecycle.
- Supports UAT of changes and releases within the business units, including collating and prioritising defects, managing retests and reporting on test progress.
- Proactively identifies areas for improvement in testing, establishing and presenting recommendations to the Product Manager.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and collaboration within the scrum environment.
Develops strong relationships with Product, Development and operational delivery teams to ensure that testing can be executed effectively.
Experience - Essential
- Functional testing experience in an agile delivery environment and knowledge of software testing.
- Experience of creating and maintaining test plans.
- Experience of working with 3rd party suppliers.
- Experience of working in a cross-functional environment with product owners, business analysts, developers, business testers and operational stakeholders.
Education and qualifications - Desirable
ISTQB/ISEB Testing Certification
Skills and knowledge - Essential
- Excellent test planning and co-ordination skills
- Understanding of testing best practices
- Clear communicator
Skills and knowledge - Essential
- Case management and workflow systems
- API testing
Behaviour - Essential
- Self-motivated and proactive. High levels of commitment and enthusiasm
- Happy to get hands dirty where required!
- Collaborative style with the ability to influence others
- Positive professional attitude to getting things done
- Innovative, constantly looking for new opportunities and solutions
- Works well as part of a team
Role conditional on passing employee vetting process which includes a 5 year employment reference check, 3 year financial probity and basic criminal disclosure check.
We offer an unrivalled benefits package including flexible working arrangements, enhanced maternity & paternity, medical cash plan, company sick pay, 5% matched pension, up to 27 days paid holiday (subject to length of service increments) plus bank holidays on top and option to top up by 5 days per year through our flexible leave scheme.
Kuro Health actively promotes equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from a wide range of candidates with the right mix of talent, skills and potential.