STV is Scotland’s leading digital media brand. Each month, our commercial broadcast channel reaches 3.5 million viewers and the STV Player is the fastest growing Video on Demand service in the UK. This role is a unique opportunity to work on a multi-platform product that reaches a huge national audience across Scotland and more recently across the whole of the UK.
STV are on a mission to become Scotland’s digital entertainment hub. The world of media streaming is fast-paced and constantly changing and STV is determined to lead the way with our new digital strategy. Our development teams are working to transform our video streaming service, STV Player, into a world-class platform. Our challenge is to blend leading-edge technology with intuitive user interfaces and engaging user experiences.
About the role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Software Tester to support the development of our digital products and platforms. Working in a fast paced, collaborative environment you will primarily be responsible for ensuring all ‘hands-on’ testing activity is undertaken within our scrum team.
You will be able to work well on your own and also be happy to assist the Lead Tester when required and contribute to overall continuous improvement within the team. You will be involved in development testing across STV’s multiple digital platforms including mobile, web, connected TVs and set-top boxes.
- Undertake ‘hands-on’ functional and regression testing across the broad range of STV digital products and platforms ranging from Smart TV’s, set-top boxes, tablet devices and smart phones.
- Creation and execution of detailed test plans and test cases to support new product development and enhancements.
- Tackle software requirements thoroughly with in depth thinking of all possible scenarios to obtain the best test coverage possible.
- Demonstrate ability to think outside the box when creating test plans and test cases to push the boundaries of requirements in advance of work being ready to test.
- Adhere to the test/defect management processes
- Effectively communicate defects to the development team and work with the development team to ensure efficient resolution of these defects.
- Reviewing requirements – wireframes/UI designs, focussing on testability and identification of test cases (both manual and automation candidates) and expected results.
- Participate in Scrum meetings (e.g. planning, daily stand up, review and retrospectives).
- Assist in any other aspect of the work of the Company as reasonably required.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience of testing mobile apps and web applications is essential.
- ISTQB certification or equivalent agile based testing certification is desirable.
- Educated to degree level.
- Practical knowledge of Agile development test design methodologies and techniques desired.
- Familiarity with defect tracking systems.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently whilst ensuring quality of testing at all times.
- Capable of communicating with a range of stakeholders.
- Ability to analyse data and solve complex problems.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Test automation experience/skills is desirable.
- Eagerness to learn and develop skills i.e. in test automation.
- Demonstrable passion for technology and ensuring consistency of quality in every development project.
There are plenty of reasons why it’s great to work at STV, here are just a few of the perks for you;
- 25 days paid annual leave and 9 public holidays per annum, with the option to buy more through our Holiday Extras
- An extra day’s holiday on your birthday.
- Healthcare cash plan providing Company contributions towards dental, optical, wellbeing or other healthcare costs.
- Company pension contribution.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season ticket travel loan.
- On-site occupational health service.
- Flexible benefits portal providing a range of retail and gym discounts.
To apply please send your expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 30 May 2022
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and to equality of opportunity for all. We encourage applications from candidates currently under-represented in our industry, so we are keen to hear from people from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic background, disabled people and those from a lower socio-economic background. We are a Disability Confident employer and are committed to offering an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the role.